Friday is about...

Do you have 'routine' days?
In the Victorian days and decades afterwards, Monday used to be for laundry and Friday for eating fish!

In this little house during the lockdown, Friday is for messaging the siblings.
I have one older sister and two older brothers.
My sister is retired and due to health reasons has been in isolation since the start of this strangeness, and both brothers are key workers.
One of the good things to come out of the Coronavirus is people making the effort to stay in contact and ensure folk are keeping ok.

But back to routine days - 

We change the bedding on Sundays, on Thursday we have a veggie chilli and have a Saturday newspaper.  
There aren't set days for doing things like there were when we were in full-time work. 
Back then I used to do my 'big shop' on a particular day and our evening meals were dictated by the time we finished work - if it was later it would be a pasta dish, if it was earlier then something a little more complex!

Do you have set days for doing things?

Tracey xx

Comments

  1. We try to shop on Tuesday and we have a roast dinner on Sundays. I'm trying to divide each day up in yo sewing, reading, walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to do a midweek clean right through on a Wednesday when the childers were small. But now now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really - I tend to do things as they catch my eye! It's just me and I keep my place tidy, the laundry up to date, and food in the fridge & pantry but its just me so no need to take anyone else into account.
    I am retired but work part-time so tend to do a bit each day so that weekends are completely free - aside from maybe a bit of cooking on Sunday afternoon.
    I do remember my mom doing "the wash" on a Monday, ironing on a Tuesday etc. but then with 5 kids she did need to keep to more of a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G keeps telling me that routine and order would help me, especially with my bouts of depression. I always start well and with good intent but the butterfly affect soon kicks in and I’m back to chaos once more, hey ho

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts