Start as I mean to go on

And that means posting about life; thoughts, what I've been up to, recipes I've cooked, and what has been good - or bad - for me.

But first I promised you a catch up.
So.
Where were we?

Gorgeous Daughter (GD) got married to a smashing chap, and we have two wonderful grandchildren that we see almost every day.  It's a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of their early years, and we smile and giggle frequently.  Many stories to share.

Me and my Man Wonderful (MW) sold up the big house once it was just us, and are finally living the dream!
We have a place* that is big enough for two, is all ours, and we don't owe anybody a bean.

(*more - much more - about this to come!)

We spend everyday together, very simply, with a handful of people I am proud to call friends; including a couple I met through blogging.

I'm still making - knitting, crochet, paper cutting - and will share pictures of things I have made.
I've been making bits and bobs here and there for commissions too, which is nice.

For today, I thought I'd share an absolutely delicious recipe that I've been making. I've made this both with a slow cooker and in a casserole dish, and have included cooking instructions for both.
With any of my recipes, feel free to adjust ingredients to suit you, and leave me a comment to let me know what you think!

Stunning Stuffed Chicken
serves 4 (but adjust quantities to feed however many you wish!)

Ingredients:

4 chicken breast fillets, cut across to make 'pockets', but not right through
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 jar roasted red peppers - a couple sliced into thin strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 bag fresh spinach
2oz Parmesan cheese, grated
2oz goats cheese, cut into slices
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup chicken stock

1. Cook the spinach and garlic slowly in the oil.
2. Stuff each breast fillet with spinach mixture, cheeses and peppers.
3. Seal and brown each side of the chicken.
4. Add to the crockpot/casserole dish with wine and stock.

Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours, or 2 hours in a casserole dish in a medium oven.
We eat this with roasted veg and sweet potatoes.

Let me know if you try it, what you think!



Comments

  1. It's wonderful to own your own safe space and not owe anyone a penny. I'm looking forward to seeing what crafting you have been up to and to sharing your recipes.
    So good to have you back (I know, I've already said that once!).
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumyumyum.
    Yum 1 - you're back
    Yum 2 - happy days described
    Yum 3 - stuffed chicken - GET IN ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to you pop up in my inbox! Glad you are happy and healthy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts