Feeling Better

Feeling brighter.  Phew!

Family came around for dinner yesterday, and I cooked a Bakewell Tart for pudding.  I will definitely cook this again, it came out very well.  I was going to use some of the jam I made from my Blackberry picking at the start of the summer; but as I had to pop to the shop for icing suger, Man Wonderful decided (!) that raspberry jam would be better - really, he loves the blackberry jam to himself...

Anyhow.  

The family left at 7 to go to watch a fireworks display.  I don't 'do' fireworks  - never have - so we settled down to watch rugby and read, and it was a lovely chilled-out evening.


Today I'm off to visit a couple of friends I haven't seen for a couple of weeks.  One makes gorgeous coffee, so I'm greedily looking forward to that, too!


How is your Christmas preparation going?  I have almost finished my gift shopping, and have decided the colour for our decorations.  This year we are going to have Navy blue and silver decorations.   I make almost all the decorations and have just a little Navy blue to use for some ornaments.  


Tracey xx

Comments

  1. I was wondering where you where.

    Our tree goes up next week and there is no colour scheme. Well, over the years the lights have become whiter. I've just gone off the bright colours.

    It's been a rough winter. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to hear from you again. I'm glad you are feeling more with it. I have decorated the house, written all the cards and posted ones that can't be hand-delivered. I have also finished present buying, but haven't got as far as wrapping them yet. My husband has made a Christmas cake for the 1st time and is going to attempt to ice it. I like the sound of your silver and navy colour scheme. Very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back. I do enjoy reading your blog. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Bun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts