Ooh, ouch!!

 We have a little routine.

Saturday mornings are a little trip to get the weekly newspaper from a local independent shop - followed by a doggy walk up the hill to the horse field, a look at the sea and a look across the farm fields where veg is grown.

Today we got the newspaper, and when we were getting the dogs from the car a beautiful chestnut horse came past us with her rider.

I spoke to the rider to ask if I could come and say 'hello' to the horse. She's called Tilly.

Our dogs were a bit barky near our car, with Man Wonderful. I enjoyed rubbing the horse's cheeks and stroking her face - until she liked my finger into her mouth and bit me!

If you've never been bitten by a horse, my recommendation is not to try.

This evening it's finally stopped ouch-ing.

I don't think I'm good with horses...


FMxx

Comments

  1. Our oldest son was bit (well finger nibbled) by one of the regiments horses. He wouldn't go near them for ages until we told him that the bad horse had been given to the RCMP for the musical ride. He refused to go to the Musical Ride for a few years in case the horse remembered him!

    He joined the Army and refused to consider any regiment that had horses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good advice! My husband's grandfather was a farrier and he said the worst horses for kicking and biting were Shetland Ponies. I don't fancy any of them sinking their teeth into me though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts