My Mushroom Stroganoff

Man Wonderful would do anything* for a mushroom dish.
And as we are using up the last bits and bobs that travelled home with us from our holiday in France, it just happened that yesterday I decided the next food item that needed to be eaten was a large amount of field and button mushrooms - taking up too much space in my  two- shelf fridge!

I have the tiniest food store, It is emptied by shopping day and each item has at least two meals it can be used for. 
Part of my store was a carton of coconut cream; used for various sauces.

So: mushrooms plus coconut cream equals my version of mushroom stroganoff.

Here, if you want to have a go, is an incredibly yummy version of this dish.

Mushroom Stroganoff 

500g (ish) mushrooms, washed and pulled into chunks.
2 onions, sliced finely
2 large garlic cloves, sliced finely
2 tbsp veg oil
Carton of coconut cream
Head of broccoli, torn into branches then sliced finely.
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
Veg stock cube
Ground black pepper

Pop veg oil into a large saucepan that has a lid.
Add onion and garlic and heat gently.
Add smoked paprika, cinnamon and cumin and stir in the coconut cream.
Add stock cube and enough water to keep it from sticking.
Add the mushrooms.
Add enough water to keep the sauce fluid but not soupy.
Add the broccoli.
Simmer and stir through for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add black pepper and serve.



(*disclaimer: this has been rigorously tested by me, and me alone!)

Comments

  1. I love coconut cream/milk in soups and curries or stir fries-anything really! Yum. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy! I am trying to get my family to eat less meat, I think I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts