I've been busy..

My apologies for being an absent blogger for the last few weeks, but I have been a busy lady.
I've: got a new job - still part-time, but at a much nicer place and nearer to home so easier to get to and from.
I've: had my hair cut v.v.short, which is a different look for me. It's still curly, curly and being v.v.short makes things quick and simple in the mornings!
I've: been to Scotland on holiday with Man Wonderful and back again. It was in the week that first batch of snow hit the UK. We live way down south near Cornwall, where a snowflake is something you crochet so this 2feet-plus-in-half-a-day brought out the child, I can tell you! And boy, do the Scots folk know how to manage snow! We were snowed into our Loch-side hotel for two days, but after that we were out and about on day trips while the white stuff flew around and it was beautiful.
I've: been cooking lots of new recipes to blog about. One particularly fine soup I wrote about before has been requested over and over, and one small "oops" where I accidentally served dairy to a fellow dairy-free person.  I woke up suddenly in a sweat the next morning in realisation, and messaged the chap but he said to keep schtum(?sp) as the lady had had no ill effects whatsoever...hmm. 
I've: been reading your blogposts regularly, as usual. They form part of the daily 'me-time' and accompany my current knitting or crochet project.
Talking of which;
I've: finally grasped how to knit two sleeves simultaneously, and whizzed off a jumper for my granddaughter in record time.  Current commissions include: a dress remodel, jeans repairs, a memory patchwork quilt, a patchwork cardigan, knitted flamingos and an antique embroidered tablecloth invisible repair. I do love my crafting.

What have you been up to since we last caught up? 
Leave me a message below, and if you don't want it added as a comment, just say 'not for publishing' and I'll keep it as a message just between you and me.

Take care,

Tracey xx


Comments

  1. Lovely to read your blog again! :-)
    Same old for me really. It's a lovely life, I'm very contented and happy and I'm very glad you are too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitted Flamingos sound fabulous!
    Glad to hear you enjoyed Scotland and hurrah to getting lots of snow at a point when it didn't inconvenience you as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely to hear your news Scotland sounds lovely and exciting new job...hope the grand kids are well bet they are excited about easter Tessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotland is lovely but never visited in winter. You're very brave!
    I started a part time job close to home lady August. It's lovely not to have to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm off to Scotland in October with my best friend. So plans are being made. It's a girls trip, no husbands. We were both born there and our families migrated here within a year of each. No, we didn't know each other, we met in school.

    A trip to be tourists, no visits to relatives who haven't really bothered with us in 50 years.

    We are expecting snow for Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you simply knit the sleeves side by side or is there tricker and magic afoot?? X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the double sleeve knitting. I too do this to make sure the sleeves are the same size. If I'm doing a cardi I'll Knit them both at the same time keeping the opening in the centre (if you get my meaning). Congratulations on the new job. Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I had known you were up in Scotland and we could have had a real life chat and a cuppa. Were you on a coach tour or following your own plans? Glad to hear about the new job-hipe it all goes well afetr your horrible experienc in the previous one. Slight snow again this morning but then bright and cold. You sound as if you are going to be busy with your crafty activities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts