A break in routine

I've been filling my days recently with healthy eating and exerise plans alongside spending time with the children, grandchildren and Man Wonderful; and crafting in between ways!
Recent craft projects (and commissions) have included:
  • 5 crochet teddies
  • a pink patchwork baby quilt
  • two waterproof coat repairs
  • three knitted 'fantasy' figures for a collector
  • two sets of curtains
  • a fairisle jumper for a toddler
I'm at the delicious stage where I have a few days away ( I'm writing this blogpost in the foyer of the Novotel in Cardiff...v.nice..) with only craft projects for myself packed!
I have a gorgeous Louisa Harding sock yarn on four needles for myself (I adore hand-knitted socks!) and a raglan sleeve striped jumper for the granddaughter in Debbie Bliss cotton dk to give my fingers respite from the teeny needles!!

Next week we have five days in bonny Scotland (I've never been before) on one of those organised coach trips...you know - they pick you up, travel door-to-door, three star hotel and all meals included, with excursions to touristy places, evening entertainment, Steradent tablets* and Tena incontinence pads* thrown in by the bucket full.
*We are the youngest people on the trip and I've promised to be on my very "best" behaviour - although I did have my fingers crossed behind my back ;-) .

Apart from basic food shopping (as in shops' own tins, dried lentils and beans, fresh fruit and veg), I've spent nothing in the way of shopping this month.
I'm still charting my food intake and the exercise I'm taking.
I do a walk three times a week that is a 6.5 mile circuit, and I take up the offer of exercise where I can see it - a free day pass to the gym with daughter, and today visiting the gym and pool before sitting to write this blog post.
If anyone reading this wants to make a change with their health and fitness, it really is about making small changes and keeping to them.

And now, my loves, I am off to sit in a beautiful Brasserie for a healthy lunch someone else has made; and knit for a while.
Bliss.
You can't beat a bit of time out from the real world, can you?

Tracey xx



Please feel free to leave a comment when you pop by; everything from a 'hello' to leaving your email address if you fancy a "proper" chat (I'm not on Facebook or any other social network..).

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful holiday and a good rest!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life seems pretty perfect for you Tracey. It's good to read you're making the most of it. Enjoy your healthy lunch and do ensure you create a little bit of mischief in Scotland. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where about's in Scotland are you going just in case we could manage a quick meet up?? Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts