What's in my saucepan?

Continuing the very popular 'What's in my...' series, I thought it had been just too long since I'd posted a cooking blogpost.
So tonight, in my saucepan is....
Mushroom Biryani!

Here's a how-to. 

2tbsp oil in pan
Add a chopped onion.  Heat gently for a couple minutes.
Add a punnet of mushrooms, chopped.
And a tin of chopped tomatoes.
And 8oz white rice.

Add: 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
A sprinkle ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground chilli
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground turmeric.
Add 1/2 pint water and bring to the boil before simmering, stirring, and adding more water if it feels like it is 'sticking'.
After five minutes simmering, turn off the heat and clamp the lid on tight.
Leave this for at least 15 minutes, for the rice to steam.

Enjoy! (We did!)



Comments

  1. I forgot!! Essential! Add 1tsp yeast extract (Marmite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracey
    I just got back from a few days visiting my disabled Dad and what was waiting for me? A special package full of really lovely treats! Thank you so much! The hand knitted socks are gorgeous and a perfect fit. The vanilla candle smells delicious and the puzzle book will provide hours of entertainment.
    I enjoy reading your blog so much and feel very lucky indeed to have won your hundredth post give away.
    Thank you very very much indeed!
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm still not sure about this 'no meat' stuff m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds really good...i tried a jar one but didnt like it...will give it a go love your recipes

    tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mention steaming the rice? How do you do it out of interest? I just boil in a pan and it often works but I'm always looking for new ideas. I must try this dish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! All comments are moderated.

Popular Posts